X-Ray

Wihelm Conrad Roentgen

Radiograph also know as X-Ray

We offer X-rays on site (If medically necessary).

X-Rays were discovered in 1895 by Wilhelm Conrad Roentgen by accident. He named his discovery 'X-Rays' because X stood for an unknown quantity. The first clinical Radiograph was taken by Professor Roentgen on November 8, 1895 of his wife's (Anna Bertha Roentgen) hand in Wurzburg, Germany.
X-Ray was introduced to the chiropractic profession in 1910 by B.J. Palmer, president of the Palmer School of Chiropractic in Davenport, Iowa.
Since the discovery of X-Rays we have come a long way in further developing radiographs into a clear image which we now use for diagnostic purposes in the medical field.

Reference

  1. Yochum, Terry R., and Lindsay J. Rowe. Yochum and Rowe's Essentials of Skeletal Radiology. Third edition. Philadelphia: Lippincott/Williams & Wilkins, 2005.
  2. Peterson, Wise, Chiropractic An Illustrated History, Mosby-Year Book, Inc., 1995.